Thursday, November 29, 2012

2013 Genre Variety Reading Challenge


In 2013, I'll be participating in the 2013 Genre Variety Reading Challenge which will be hosted over at A Daydreamer's Thoughts. Are you wondering what the challenge is about? Well, Faye explains it better than I could, so I'll leave you to read the instructions below.

● ● ● ● ● ●

Taken from A Daydreamer's Thoughts

The challenge is to read books from different genres throughout the year. I have found that blogging has opened my eyes to so many genres that I would never have tried before, simply from recommendations, and the idea of this challenge is to keep that going. The challenge is to read a large variety of genres within one year.

Levels;

Careful; 6 different genres, 6 books
Cautious; 12 different genres, 12 books
Branching; 18 different genres, 18 books
Avid Reader; 24 different genres, 24 books
Champion; 30 different genres, 30 books

Categories;

This is just a list of the vast variety of genres you have to choose from. I have probably missed a lot, so feel free to branch off from this. These are just suggestions.


Contemporary ● Historical ● Paranormal ● Fantasy ● Romance ● Sci-Fi ● Crime ● Thriller ● Adventure ● Non-Fiction ● Women’s Fiction ● Chick-Lit ● Dystopian ● Epic Fantasy ● Western ● Comedy ● Horror ● MANfiction ● Self-Help ● Biography ● Auto-biography ● Religious ● Fairy Tales ● Classics ● Erotica ● Short Stories ● Travel Guides ● Mystery ● Suspence

I also found this website with more book genres.

● ● ● ● ● ●

If you wish to join the fun and come out of your comfort zone, go check out the complete information about the challenge HERE.

I have set my goal to Level 3 or the "Branching" (18 different genres, 18 books) level. Which level are you choosing?

No comments:

Post a Comment