Monday, November 12, 2012

Review : Vengeance by Michelle Madow

Title: Vengeance
Series: Transcend Time Saga #1.5
Author: Michelle Madow
Pub. Date: December 6th 2011
Publisher: Dreamscape Publishing

Blurb:

When Chelsea Givens discovered that her ex-boyfriend Drew dumped her to be with her former best friend Lizzie, she'd never felt so betrayed in her life. Then her new friend Shannon tells her she can help set things right. Chelsea's willing to listen, but what Shannon wants her to believe -- that she shared a past life with Drew -- is impossible. And what she wants her to do to get him back … well, it's downright crazy. 

Could Shannon be telling the truth? And if she is, what lengths will Chelsea go if it means making Lizzie pay? Find out in Vengeance, the second part of the Transcend Time Saga.

*Vengeance is the short story that bridges the events in Remembrance and the final novel in the Saga.

Book:
GoodreadsAmazonBarnes & NobleBook Depository

Author:
WebsiteTwitter BlogFacebook


My Thoughts

Hmmm... Okay, here I go.

I was somewhat disappointed in this short story. Although I knew it was a “bridge” between Remembrance and Timeless, I didn’t feel it added anything amazingly novel to the story. Or maybe I just have to read Timeless to know its importance in the saga.

Chelsea...

In book one, I was kind of feeling bad for her because what her “best friend” did to her was kind of dirty, fate involved or not, and I was looking forward to “seeing” things from her PoV. But I was very disappointed and even stopped feeling any pity for her in Vengeance. Why? Because oh-my-loving-goose, she comes off as a shallow and insensitive person. I thought this story would show a different, better, side of her and it didn’t. It only reiterates what I already knew, she’s an airhead. She makes a lot of comments which leave you thinking “what the h...eck is wrong with this girl?”. Like for example : "She wore one of those shapeless dresses fat women wear, even though she was so thin that a breeze could knock her over." *Raises eyebrow*

Overall, the book isn’t that bad. It’s reads really quickly, towards the end it gets interesting and the writing is okay. It's just that I like my characters with a little more personality.

*I am not affiliated with Amazon, B&N, or The Book Depository.

No comments:

Post a Comment